Wednesday, May 12, 2010

all that's sacred #52


Here it is, folks... I've been planning and hyping #52 for weeks now as it marks the one year anniversary of this here podcast. It's the realization of a longtime goal and I really want to celebrate the occasion. From the image art to the 1 hour and 48 minutes of audio, this is a dedication to all my fellow Pearl Jam freaks. It's the listener initiative and input that really makes this episode special.

It's pretty amazing how this band and their music connects us and unites us - all walks of life from all over the globe. I've always had some understanding of this intuitively, but I've gained a new appreciation for just how true this is through this little experiment of mine. Thanks for being a constant source of encouragement, ideas, and correspondence. I really appreciate everyone taking the time to listen and contribute over this past year. My highest aspiration for the podcast is that it enhances the fan experience in some small way. I think we are off to a promising start...

Alright, enough mushy talk... Let's do this up right with the most epic ATS ever!

Cheers! Donny

* Full size image art found here.


Severed Hand – 5/13/06 Hartford, CT
Hail Hail – 6/3/06 E Rutherford, NJ
Half Full – 7/1/03 Bristow, VA
Rats – 4/12/94 Boston, MA
Garden – 4/3/94 Atlanta, GA
Bugs – 10/31/09 Philadelphia, PA
You’ve Got To Hide Your Love Away – 5/12/06 Albany, NY
Thin Air – 11/22/06 Adelaide, Australia
Just Breathe – 10/3/09 Austin, TX
In Hiding – 11/6/00 Seattle, WA
I Believe In Miracles – 10/22/03 Seattle, WA
I’ve Got A Feeling – b-side (1991)

12 comments:

Amanda said...

52 kicks some ass!

Marcel said...

That is one nice podcast, man. Keep up the good work. Is there any chance to download this?

Unknown said...

Marcel, click on the iTunes logo at the top right. It will subscribe you to ATS and download.

Donnie, fantastic job on the collage! Looks great! I think I see my State College tickets in there somewhere...

Steve B said...

That is one spectacular collage!

Great work as always, Donny. As you can see, your hard work is much appreciated.

Anonymous said...

I can't say thank you enough! I listened last night and giving it another listen today, at work. You do such a great job and give people a lift during a normally mundane week. Don't ever stop...you make people happy!

Brandon Rector said...

Nice, I see one of my shots in that collage!

Unknown said...

Simply AWESOME!!! Thanks Donny
Rick From Jersey

Unknown said...

Love the anniversary artwork Donny..you've captured our spirit! The tracklist looks spectacular.. just listening now..and it sure is off to a rockin' start. CONGRATULATIONS on Year 1! I know there will be so many more great ones to follow :) jo :>0x<:

Unknown said...

Don't worry ...Just Breathe makes me cry too....as I'm smiling at the same time. I won't get into why right here...but the lady that wrote you has a wonderful story, and there are so many others effected by this song...it's just beautiful in so many ways. Puts a lump in my throat every time. You probably know that I love to sing along to PJ songs...especially Ed's....at some point during JB, I lose my voice and I just can't continue. Ed has that effect on many of us. He is so insightful and you have done us all a good by playing this for us. Beautiful! <3

nito said...

love in hiding, the first complete song that i learned in guitar, still remember how to play it. wish i was able to sing the chorus properly. great podcast man, saludos de Chile!

All That's Sacred said...

Thanks for all the great comments! And thank you for listening and contributing and making this last year pretty awesome for this little podcast experiment of mine. :)

zeynox said...

got me crying!!!...