Wednesday, May 20, 2009

all that's sacred #1

Welcome to All That's Sacred, my attempt at an unofficial podcast for the Pearl Jam fan. I've never done a podcast before and admit it might be a little rough around the edges. I hope you enjoy listening and I hope to do another soon. Let me know if you have ideas to make the podcast better, a song suggestion, or a story to share. Thanks and take care.

Cheers! Donny



Porch - KISW radio performance - 8/21/91 Seattle, WA
Alive - RCKCNDY - 8/3/91 Seattle, WA
Wash - Finsbury Park Festival - 06/06/92 London, England (thanks bazzer!)
Rocking in the Free World - Volkshaus - 6/18/92 Zurich, Switzerland (thanks wtfisaledbetter?)
Better Man - Fox Theatre - 4/3/94 Atlanta, GA
November Hotel - Mad Season live - not sourced

16 comments:

a guy from the PJ message board said...

Good job, Donny!

arq said...

I my my! you stole my idea! i was thinking the same thing, a PJ podcast! but i don't have the voice for that.

Kudos!

Anonymous said...

Nice work. I certainly enjoyed it.

Anonymous said...

G'day mate! Enjoyed the podcast, If you can keep it up please do!
Cheers.

Sandy B Ande said...

Lots of fun. Will keep listening!!

Anonymous said...

are you going to any shows this year? If so, some commentaries and/or fan interviews would be interesting!
Good job.. sucked me in, for sure!

All That's Sacred said...

I'll be at the EV shows in Atlanta and PJ Chicago night 1! I might try getting some fan audio at one or both of those events. Thanks for the suggestion and thanks everyone for listening! I'm going to try and turn one out every 1-2 weeks. An all new podcast should be up sometime Wednesday!

Taralee Hamner said...

all that's sacred... Are you from Seattle? You are flying out to Atlanta for the EV shows? Awesome- I'll be there as well. Loved the cast, hope to hear more from you soon.

All That's Sacred said...

I live in the Seattle area now but grew up around Atlanta. Most of my family still lives there and my sister is flying me in for the EV shows and to visit to return the favor for me flying her out for the Vancouver EV shows last year. :)
Should be a lot of fun! Maybe we'll bump into each other. :)

Thanks for listening. Next one up tomorrow!

pjny12289 said...

Well done! Really enjoyed the RIFW. I think I may have narrowed it down to one of the 1st four times they played it in march 92 just because at the end of the clip Ed talks about listening to fugazi next and they were playing with them only at that time. I will check it out.
Cheers!

jmurray said...

Enjoyed it, thanks.

-- rafa said...

pretty nice... I'll listen for sure the next 2 (you have so far :).

Is there any way of subcribing to it via iTunes?

All That's Sacred said...

iTunes link top of righthand column now...

-- rafa said...

great :) I haven't seen it :)

Leon said...

Excellent! Looking forward to hear the others.

Brian said...

I think the info for "Flashpoint" can be found here: http://bit.ly/9dsN6L