Wednesday, August 12, 2009

all that's sacred #13


Another busy day today with the Ten Club presales for the 5 additional North American dates. Good luck to everyone going for tickets! I’m sure it’s going to be getting a little crazy – especially for those Philly dates. Episode #13 is chock full of awesome listener requests and should prove to be an enjoyable listen as you refresh.

I’m thinking next week we’ll play tunes from past Toronto and Chicago shows to get everyone amped for the upcoming gigs so if you have any suggestions, please send them my way by email or leave a comment on this post. As mentioned before, you can follow and contribute to the podcast on Twitter and Facebook as well. Thanks, as always, for checking out the podcast. I really appreciate everyone continuing to tune in and all the great correspondence.

Cheers! Donny


Interstellar Overdrive/Corduroy – (thanks Kip!) This Day in PJ History – 8/12/00 Tampa, FL
Animal – (thanks Raul!) – 12/9/05 Mexico City, Mexico
Alone – (thanks Scott!) “Perfectly Imperfect” – 6/1/06 E Rutherford, NJ
In My Tree – (thanks Jacob!) – 10/1/96 Buffalo, NY
Improv “Jam” – (thanks Bart!) – 5/10/00 Bellingham, WA
Parachutes – (thanks Ellen!) – 7/6/06 Las Vegas, NV
Waiting On A Friend – (thanks Duane!) – 7/13/06 Santa Barbara, CA
21st Century Digital Boy – Six Degrees of PJ: Bad Religion
Sorrow (Acoustic Version) – Six Degrees of PJ: Bad Religion

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey Donny...good collection this week!
for next week, how about GO from 95 Soldier Field?

PS...Calgary V-Fest was unbelievable. Think you could start adding in little mini-review / highlights from tour stops each week? For example, you could spend a couple minutes pointing out that the boys premiered the Fixer, dusted off Brother and played the Real Me in Calgary. by next week you will be able to discuss some Europe shows as well. maybe even play some of the songs you mention? Just a thought man...keep spreadin the jam.

Craig (message pit: moonsteps)
Edmonton, AB, Canada

Anonymous said...

oh awesome show again. how about a request for the 'cinnamon girl' improv/explanation from toronto2 2006! (although i already requested fortunate son from '03. either would rock!)

-mike p (from toronto)

Anonymous said...

edit to above msg.
maybe pj will finally bring out a FULL live version of this great song in TO next week!

mike p

All That's Sacred said...

Craig: Thanks for the suggestion! I'm going to play Go but I'm going to pull an audible and play it from a different Chicago show -- I already got a song from Soldier Field '95 that I was planning to play. It still rips though; you should dig it.

I'll try and work in a few more details about the shows. I don't know if I want to get into full-on reviews though because I figure most people listening are die-hards who are already getting that info from other places. But I agree I could say a few more words about the highlights so I'll try and include more of that.

Mike: I'll check it out and definitely play one or the other -- if not both. Thanks!

Ellen Feus said...

Nice show Donny!
Thanks for playing my request, but don't feel bad about the wait. I would only want you to play a request if it was a good one, so I'm glad you thought so too!
And also thanks for playing the Mt Baker Theater request... I've been wanting to hear that show since moving hear a year ago. Def need to find it! I saw Death Cab there twice in April and it was awesome!
Thanks
Ellen

Anonymous said...

Everyday People/Let My Love Open the Door!

a guy from the PJ message board said...

Really enjoy these, Donny! Thanks for all your hard work!

shannon said...

Another great podcast Donny! Thanks so much for putting them together.
I was lucky enough to be at the Mt Baker show in 2000 and it surely was a treat! It was good. It was real real good.