Wednesday, August 26, 2009

all that's sacred #15


Throat a little scratchy, head a little groggy, body a little achy, ears still ringing – today finds me still recovering from the weekend Chicago trip and Sunday night Pearl Jam show. The boys surpassed all my expectations and made it a trip and a night not soon forgotten. Episode #15 starts with some of my Chicago observations and incorporates some performances from the past to help paint the picture. Halfway through, though, we switch gears and play some songs from the 2006 San Francisco gigs to celebrate and prepare for the upcoming appearance at the Outside Lands Festival.

I appreciate everyone’s continued support – not just in tuning in to the podcast every week – but also in the wonderful emails sent my way and comments left on the site. As a reminder, Facebook and Twitter are also great ways to communicate and stay connected to the podcast so look for me there as well. Thank you again and again!

Cheers! Donny


Hard To Imagine – 9/1/05 George, WA
Come Back – 6/22/08 Washington DC
Wasted Reprise/Life Wasted – 5/12/06 Albany, NY
Untitled/MFC – 7/18/06 San Francisco, CA
Last Kiss – 7/16/06 San Francisco, CA
Of The Girl – 7/15/06 San Francisco, CA

10 comments:

Given To Cast said...

Great choice of songs this week... glad to hear you had a great time at Chicago I show...39 days and counting until Pearl Jam hits the stage at ACL...can't wait!!!

Les said...

Dude, #15 has me freaking out in a good way. I'm starting to remember the days leading up to my 2006 trip when I was at all the SF shows, Portland and the 2 Gorge shows. Then I hear about you running into the band. Then I hear how the band is tearing it up. Then you play songs from the SF shows I went to. I'm getting the fever!

Unknown said...

Ahhh, this version of Hard to Imagine is such a cornucopia of musical bliss!!! Love it, Thanks for another great podcast..............

All That's Sacred said...

Thanks y'all!

Mario: ACL should be awesome! Hope it's not too hot! :D

Les: Nice 2006 run you had. I made it to the NW shows but not SF. Indeed, the band is as good as ever. Seattle is going to be awesome next month! I know this "fever" you speak of well and suffer extreme bouts myself. :P

Mofo: You're welcome. Thanks for listening! :)

Anonymous said...

This is an amazing record. Thank you.
:-)

Ellen Feus said...

I love hearing about when people meet the band! Awesome, thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Spine tingling to hear the start of "hard to imagnine", it sounded like the start of a concert. Reminded me of the first time i seen PJ, i thought i heard "red dot" playing, the crowd rose, roared, the band came out, we were about 10 deep from the front row, there was a surge ... and we ended up against the front rail.

I've had "come back" on repeat for 3 days now.
Good hearing some of the background to songs, and versions of songs.

Great job meeting the band (selfish grumbling).

Last Kiss i fast forwarded.

Great mix of songs in all the podcasts. Its like a random mixed tape of PJ, only better.

I've started listening to old p-casts.

KC
Downunder

All That's Sacred said...

Ellen: Wish I remembered more to share. The whole scene was a surreal blur! I'd question whether it happened at all if I didn't have that EV guitar pick as tangible proof. Couldn't have been more unexpected or random, but a great little encounter. :)

KC: That piano piece is the music they've been using to take the stage for the last year or so. I actually engineered that whole intro for the purposes stated so I'm glad to hear it had the desired effect! Glad you dug Come Back so well but give Last Kiss a chance -- it's a good rendition even if it's not your favorite song. Hope you like looking back on some of the older episodes and hear some good stuff. I honestly can't believe I've cranked 16 of them out! Still lots of good stuff yet to explore.

Thanks again, y'all.

Cheers! Donny

Jocelyne said...

Do you know the name of the piano piece they use as their intro? I heard them last night at ACL - completely and utterly awesome. I've heard that music before and want to know where I can find it. It is so haunting and beautiful.

All That's Sacred said...

Jocelyn, It's "Metamorphosis II" by Philip Glass. I downloaded it from iTunes. :)