Wednesday, September 2, 2009

all that's sacred #16


While the band takes a breather before the release of Backspacer and resuming the tour in Seattle on September 21st, we get caught up on a couple listener requests and review a little Pearl Jam history on episode #16. This podcast continues to be a fantastic exercise in discovery and rediscovery for me – and hopefully for you as well. Many thanks, as always, to you for listening and sending me your thoughts, experiences, and suggestions. I’ve said it before, but special thanks to fan-run sites Two Feet Thick for being such an awesome resource and The Sky I Scrape for being an early, constant supporter.

You know I love hearing from other fans so feel free to shoot me an email or leave a comment on the site -- plus check me out on Facebook and Twitter. Thanks again and see you at the shows!

Cheers! Donny

Edit: By request, link to the TFT.com article referenced in this podcast.


Rocking In The Free World w/ Neil Young – 9/2/93 Universal City, CA
Nothingman – 9/2/00 Camden, NJ
Bee Girl – 9/2/05 Vancouver, BC
I Believe In Miracles – 9/2/06 Vitoria, Spain
I Got A Feeling – 2/12/92 Amsterdam, Netherlands
Rearviewmirror – 11/25/05 Buenos Aires, Argentina

10 comments:

Austin said...

I totally forgot how incredibly awesome that version of Rocking in the free world was.

Watched it over at a friends house and then rode my bike home afterwards with my mind blown.

Anonymous said...

Hey Donny,
excellent show as always!

you mind pointing out what are the snippets of music you play at the beginning/end of shows as well?
They're quite interesting :)

obliged!
avi

Mike said...

Hey Donny,

I was going to suggest that you play 'Thunderclap' from touring band sometime, but I am glad to hear you took the initiative and used it intro this latest cast - Nice work!!

All That's Sacred said...

Austin: That RITFW w/ Uncle Neil just destroys! His guitar sounds so HUGE!

Avi: Today was "Thunderclap" from the Touring Band 2000 DVD and have used "Foldback" before from the same source. Gremmie.net has the mp3s: http://www.gremmie.net/bsides/patchwork/

Have also used "Hummus" and the "Red Dot" from Yield, "Aye Davenita" from Vitalogy, "Master/Slave" from Ten, "Tuolumne" from ITW, "Photographs" from ITW outtakes, "Baba O'Riley orchestral" from Pete Townshend's Lifehouse Elements, "Metamorphosis II" by Philip Glass, and Frank Sinatra's "My Kind of Town" for the Chicago/Toronto episode. :D

Mike: I guess great minds think alike! :)

Thanks everyone for tuning in!

Mike said...

Ooops,

I guess if I had a great mind I would have known that what I always thought was 'Thunderclap' is actually called 'Foldback'!!!

All That's Sacred said...

Mike, I think you're right and gremmie.net has it named incorrectly... Whatever the case, still some great instrumentals off an excellent DVD. Great minds still think alike! :)

Bart_Mihailovich said...

Here's a suggestion for the next podcast - from Portland 7/20/06 - play Happy Birthday because on 9/20 not only does Backspacer come out, but it's my birthday and I'll likely be celebrating Backspacer's release more than my birthday

All That's Sacred said...

Bart,
You got it -- on one condition: I'll dedicate it to you AND me! My birthday is the 21st and I can guarantee I'll be more stoked for Backspacer and the Seattle shows than I will be turning 34! ;)

Anonymous said...

where can i get the intro song? thanks!

All That's Sacred said...

From Touring Band 2000 and available here: http://www.gremmie.net/bsides/patchwork/