Wednesday, September 30, 2009

all that's sacred #20


Episode #20 finds me tired, rambling, and trying to recover from my Pearl Jam week last week. And what a great week it was too! I got to meet a ton of other Pearl Jam fans and listeners to the podcast at the pre-parties and shows in both Seattle and Portland. It was a blast meeting everyone and I had a fantastic time hanging out and seeing our favorite band. Today I recount a few of my observations from these shows and spin a few tracks from past LA and Austin shows to prepare the lucky ones for these upcoming gigs – plus I threw in a This Day in PJ History tune and Six Degrees of PJ tune for good measure. We also explore new territory as suggested independently (yet simultaneously) from listeners James, Sebastian, and Andrew in a new segment where we play a song’s first live performance – or its “maiden voyage” as Ed likes to say. All of this adds up to this being the 2nd longest episode of All That’s Sacred, clocking in at 1 hour 2 minutes and 34 seconds!

Thanks for continuing to listen and contributing to the podcast. I always love hearing from other fans so if you have anything to suggest or say, please contact me via email, Twitter, Facebook, or just leave a comment on the site posting. Hope y’all get to catch some of these upcoming shows to round out 2009.

Cheers! Donny


Golden State – Ed w/ Corin Tucker covering John Doe
Inside Job – 7/9/06 Los Angeles, CA
Brother – 2/7/91 Los Angeles, CA
Green Disease – 9/30/05 Atlantic City, NJ
Act Of Love – 9/16/95 Austin, TX
Immortality – 9/16/95 Austin, TX
The End – 8/11/09 London, UK
Good Woman – Six Degrees of PJ: Cat Power w/ Ed from “You Are Free”

10 comments:

Brendan said...

wow, this one is long!! awesome!! That new idea for the show is so cool! Inside Job sounds great, I remember the first time I heard it live from one of my 08 Boots [i think it was NY] and I was surprised at how good it sounded. I didn't doubt the band but the song is just so complicated but they nailed it. Thanks for the podcast CAN'T WAIT TILL PHILLY OCT. 31, your helping me pass the time :)

Anonymous said...

... just checking, and ... yup.

I have every one of the collectors edition of all thats sacred. Glad i started collection early.


KC

Smellyman said...

listening to Brother makes me realize how great Ed's voice still is. I hate the Ed voice debates, but damn he can still f'n sing better than anyone out there

smellyman

Sebastian said...

Hey Donnie,

so glad to hear "my" idea was out there in the ehter and a lot of others picked up on it. it was great to meet you in Portland, and we'll see you in Philly if you happen to be able to make the trip :)

Andrew said...

Yea Donny come out to philly!

All That's Sacred said...

Jeez, don't tempt me... I'd LOVE to do Philly but don't think there is any way to pull it off this tour. Being responsible blows sometimes... :D

Craig said...

Beauty show Donny. Sorry I missed you in Seattle, but I think I saw your bald head from afar :).

Another thought for a future show...pull out some epic moments from the archive like "shoe the shoeless", the mamasan trilogy, special guest appearances, etc. Maybe it could be a new segment or a whole show? Jeez...you are gonna end up with 2 hour podcasts pretty soon man! And that is alright with me.

Craig in Edmonton
aka "moonsteps"

Steve B said...

Great Podcast!

I can't believe I hadn't seen your site before. You are doing great work, keep it up.

We were lucky enough to attend the SLC show this past Monday. Made a four hour drive from western CO and stayed in a decent hotel right across the street from the venue. My eighth time seeing the band and I have to say it was the best show I've been to (8th Row seats help). We were able to get some great pictures, too.

Rocked out all night. Can't wait for the boot. Unthought Known live is already one of my all time favorites.

Pre party in SLC was well attended - $20 in raffle tickets netted me a PJ hoodie. I think a fair amount of money was raised for the two charities. Met a lot of nice fans.

Can't wait to hear you future podcasts.

Dave in Canada said...

Great podcast!

Donnie, I'm not sure if you're still doing this but I have a suggestion for Perfectly Imperfect: Breath - Halifax 05. Check it out if you get a chance.

zeynox said...

great pod again...
i have to say that i'm sooo jealous of you guys over there.