Wednesday, October 7, 2009

all that's sacred #21


The guys continue to impress on the road playing inspired sets in LA and Austin before closing this leg of the tour in San Diego on Friday. To prepare the lucky ones for this show, episode #21 highlights a few songs from past SoCal shows as well as features a few regular ATS segments. I also couldn’t help but play a few of the new Backspacer tracks from the recent Seattle gigs now that the official bootlegs are available.

Pearl Jam returns to the stage in couple of weeks for a 4 night stand in Philadelphia to close the historic Spectrum. In keeping with tradition, I’m dedicating an upcoming podcast to past Philly performances to prepare for this epic event and I could use some help with song suggestions. Please communicate these and any other song or segment suggestions to me by email, Facebook, or Twitter.

I have endless appreciation for all the continued support and for all the wonderful correspondence. Thanks for tuning in. Hope you like #21.

Cheers! Donny


Oceans – 11/7/95 San Diego, CA
Long Road – 7/7/06 San Diego, CA
Just Breathe – 9/22/09 Seattle, WA
Amongst The Waves – 9/21/09 Seattle, WA
I Am A Patriot – 6/2/03 Irvine, CA
Parting Ways – This Day in PJ History – 10/7/00 Auburn Hills, MI
What A Wonderful World – Six Degrees Of PJ: Louis Armstrong

7 comments:

Bart Mihailovich said...

Great podcast once again Donny!
I'm looking forward to the rant episode.
I hope someone out there can help me remember this classic rant:
It's one where Eddie goes absolutely off on Celion Dion, calling her a robot and not-human. It's hilarious, and for the life of me I can't remember what show it is from. I had thought it was a show from Vegas, from 2000, but I recently listened to that one and didn't hear it. Does anyone else know what I'm talking about?

Smellyman said...

save the flag rant is my favorite of all time. 1998 during RITFW in San Diego

Steve B said...

This guy seems to have captured the entire LA 3 show on a very good HD video camera. The sound is pretty darned good. Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/user/jaymeydad#p/c/DFFB7818FDABB0E5

Brendan said...

the new songs sound really good, im excited to hear them live in person, great podcast :)!

All That's Sacred said...

Thanks Bart and Smellyman for the rant suggestions. That's gonna be a fun one!

Steve, LA 3 & 4 look like they were awesome! Thanks for the link.

Brendan, you're gonna have a blast in Philly!

Thanks to everyone for tuning in and for all the awesome suggestions. Already got a TON for Philly! :)

Anonymous said...

Great Fucking Podcast man...


Dr. Robert

Unknown said...

Parting ways - 2000... Beautiful - I Was there! Also, Touching bit about Long Road. Thanks