Wednesday, September 9, 2009

all that's sacred #17


Less than two weeks now until the release of Backspacer and the tour kicking off in Seattle! Episode #17 helps to feed the anticipation with a spin from the new record, a few listener requests, and a look back at some moments from the epic 2000 tour – plus a beautiful b-side from tour opener Ben Harper.

To get ready for these upcoming shows, we are going to continue the tradition of playing songs from past performances in these respective cities. I’ve already received some great submissions from listeners thinking ahead but I need some more help. To start, please send me your song suggestions from past Seattle, Vancouver, Portland, and Salt Lake City gigs to play in the coming weeks to get everyone amped for these shows.

Connect via email, Twitter, Facebook, or leave a comment on the site. I always love hearing from other fans and appreciate the all the input in making this podcast. Thanks for making it such an interactive and fun little venture each week.

Cheers! Donny


Supersonic – Backspacer and b-side off The Fixer single
I Am Mine – This Day in PJ History – 9/9/05 Thunder Bay, ON
Off He Goes – 8/3/00 Virginia Beach, VA
Given To Fly – 8/7/00 Atlanta, GA
Crazy Mary – 11/3/00 Boise, ID
Sleight Of Hand – 8/27/00 Saratoga Springs, NY
Spanish Red Wine – Six Degrees of PJ: Ben Harper and Relentless7 – b-side off Shimmer And Shine single

9 comments:

Brendan bmsaareagles@yahoo.com said...

Awesome, I sent you an email as bmsaareagles@yahoo.com . Love this podcast, "I Am Mine" sounds great this version.

Anonymous said...

Donny - i was at the Thunder Bay show. 9th row on the floor and it was awesome. about 5000 people is all that could fit in that place and it was hot and NO BEER SALES allowed. Ed commented on the heat in the building and said "how the fuck do you play hockey in hear?!" Ed came out and played I believe in miracles for the last song of the warm up act whose name escapes me. In the middle of the song Ed points out this kid in front of us wearing a Ramones shirt and totally rocking out. he calls him on stage and puts the kid on his shoulders while they both sing into the same microphone and Ed carries him around - it was great! Love this podcast - keep it up Donny.
Todd C, Burnsville Minnesota

Bart Mihailovich said...

Thanks for playing something from Boise in 2000 - that was my first Pearl Jam show, so obviously it was my most memorable - Ed was particularly animated that night being as it was the night before, or a few days before the 2000 election. I'll always remember those last few days on innocence, before the eight long years of Bush that followed.
Cheers Donny!

Anonymous said...

Great job Donny! Congrads on your new gig!!
Hoepfully you can find the time to keep the podcasts coming. I look forward to them!

Peter

Sandy B Ande said...

I too hope you find time for the podcasts. I've enjoyed, along with you, hearing all these stories from fans :)

All That's Sacred said...

Brendan: Glad you are digging the podcast! Got your great email and just wrote you back! :P

Todd: Great stories! That 05 Canadian tour was awesome and it sounds like Thunder Bay was no exception. Supersuckers were the openers, BTW.

Bart: Boise 2000 sounded great! Hope to make it down there for PJ's triumphant return someday. Agree that it was downhill for a while after that election day too. Onward and upward now that our national nightmare is over. :)

Peter: Thanks, man! I'll do my best to keep them coming. Appreciate you tuning in.

Sandy: I'll need a lot of love and support from my wife to juggle the new job with the podcast. Hopefully, she's up to the task. ;)

Steve Tothill said...

Good to hear you aren't unemployable after all Donny and the way you used your down time to create something as amazing as this podcast has been real inspirational. Big thanks.

All That's Sacred said...

Thank you, Steve! Hearing stuff like that means a lot and helps keep me motivated to continue the podcast even though I'm back to the grind. :)

zeynox said...

Great song from Ben Harper and Relentless7!
Thanx again...