Wednesday, November 11, 2009

all that's sacred #26


Greetings! Last week’s rant podcast was a screaming success with 600+ downloads to date! We’ll be revisiting the rants on #27 but in the meantime, episode #26 highlights some touring rarities from past Australian shows. The guys are kicking off the tour “Down Under” this Saturday in Perth and I thought it was only fitting to do something to help get our friends in the South Pacific ready for the awesomeness that is Pearl Jam.

I talk about this for a minute on the podcast, but I wanted to take a moment here to introduce the podcast voicemail. I set up a Google Voice account over the weekend and now you can call in your stories and requests! I can then export the messages into an mp3 and cut it right into the podcast. It’s just the latest idea I had to make the podcast even more interactive and allow y’all to participate more directly and actually be on the podcast. I’m hopeful some of you will give it a go and I’m eager to hear what you got. The number is 707-SACRED9 (707-722-7339). Hope to hear from some of you soon!

Thanks, as always, for tuning in and checking out the podcast. I also appreciate all the suggestions and correspondence. I’m thinking of doing a 2009 tour highlights show in the coming weeks so let me know if you have any suggestions. I have a few ideas, but I’d really like to know what you think would be cool to play and why. Try the voicemail if you’re feeling adventurous or you can always still contact me via email, Facebook, or Twitter. Thanks again and enjoy #26.

Cheers! Donny


Free Jazz – 2/9/03 Brisbane, Australia
Severed Hand – 11/11/06 Brisbane, Australia
Help Help – 2/16/03 Adelaide, Australia
Don’t Gimme No Lip – 11/21/06 Adelaide, Australia
Improv (Words Seem Out Of Place) – 3/17/95 Melbourne, Australia
Trouble – 3/3/98 Melbourne, Australia
Undone – 11/19/06 Newcastle, Australia
Sin City Jam – 3/12/98 Sydney, Australia

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha. Fantastic. Its been great following PJ on their tour, feeling good others are seeing the guys live. Now ... our turn is coming.

Great to see "no lip" made the cut. The crowd had been chanting all night for Stone to sing it.
KC

All That's Sacred said...

Always fun to hear Stone do a little singing!

Sounds like y'all are getting some great shows "down under". :)

Unknown said...

Words Seem Out Of Place! -One of my favorite pearl jam tunes even though it's not technically a song. Thanks for playing it!

Unknown said...

#26 is prob my favorite cast (musically).. so far.