Wednesday, September 15, 2010

all that's sacred #67


I've already listened to ATS #67 a handful of times and it's fast becoming one of my recent favorites. It's heavy on the music and listener input and has a bit of everything. The one constant is that it features nothing but highlights from the year that has been 2010 - with many songs appearing for the first time on the podcast. Despite being a relatively slow year for the band, there has been no shortage of memorable moments. And with Pearl Jam recently confirmed for this year's Bridge School Benefit Concert, it's a virtual guarantee that the trend will continue.

With the guys once again giving of themselves for such a worthy cause, I thought it was an opportune time to encourage you to support a few other causes: Advocacy For Patients With Chronic Illness and the Seattle Humane Society's Walk for the Animals. Both are deserving of your time and monetary donations if you have the means.

Continued thanks for spending a little time here each week. It wouldn't be possible to sustain this thing - or nearly as fun - without all of your participation.

Hope you enjoy #67 as much as I do.

Cheers! Donny


Of The Girl - 5/3/10 Kansas City, MO
Public Image - 7/4/10 Werchter, Belgium
Ode To LRC - Band Of Horses - Cease To Begin (2007)
Going Back To Indiana - 5/7/10 Noblesville, IN
Rats - 5/7/10 Noblesville, IN
Push Me Pull Me - 5/17/10 Boston, MA
Arms Aloft - 7/9/10 Bilboa, Spain
Fatal - 5/10/10 Buffalo, NY
Red Mosquito - 6/25/10 London, England
Alive - 5/20/10 New York, NY
Society - 8/28/10 Little Rock, AR
Open All Night - 8/28/10 Little Rock, AR

4 comments:

David Krueger said...

Of the girl reminded me of the first time i saw PJ in san antonio in '03... love it...

'don't it make you smile'

Ezra said...

Hey, I'm Ariel's other brother, Ezra. I don't mean to correct you, but I also attended that powerful MSG show, and there were actually three brothers that were singing their hearts out. We sang for Gilad to get better. We sang to vent our anger at cancer. We sang to express our appreciation that Gilad was still with us.

Ariel gave me the link to your website, and I downloaded the podcast and listened to the part about Gilad twice, the second time with my parents listening. I think we all thought that what you said about Gilad, Ariel, and our family was very nice, and we all appreciate it.

When you lose a loved one, it is simply impossible to describe with words how you are feeling. However, sometimes you can describe your feelings with music. You did this beautifully.

Again, I appreciate your inclusion of our family in your podcast, as well as your kind words.

All That's Sacred said...

Ezra,

I appreciate the correction. All the more powerful to know that there were three brothers there that night sharing such a special moment. I'm really glad to know that you and Ariel and your family think I did justice to the memory of your brother. I can't imagine what you all must be going through.

Be sound.
Donny

Suzana said...

This one became my favourite over all, it’s great :)
MY highlight had to be the Improv for Portugal in July 10, it was hilarious, but Just Breath blew me away because I never liked the way it sounded live but just loved to hear it there.
About Band of Horses you definitely converted me in a fan, I heard them first on the podcast and loved them… just found out that in February they will make a show at Lisbon and definitely I’ll be there :)))