Wednesday, December 23, 2009

all that's sacred #32


With Christmas looming so close, I wonder what kind of listenership to expect this week for episode #32. I don’t really have that great of expectations, but I hope most of you find a moment to break away from the craziness of the holiday to tune in to this week’s podcast. This week is notable because every single song was requested by one of you in your own voice! As I had hoped, the voicemail has added a new dimension of connection and interaction to the podcast. It’s nice to have your additional input and perspective and I appreciate you all being game enough to try it out. Most importantly though, there is some great Pearl Jam music being explored here.

Next week is the last podcast of 2009 and I want to end things with a BANG! I can think of only one way to accomplish that and that’s by featuring songs where Mike McCready is shredding guitar and melting faces! I got a list started but, as always, I’d really like some help from you listeners. If you got something to contribute, please contact me by email, Facebook, Twitter, or check out the voicemail at 707-SACRED9 (707-722-7339).

Have wonderful holiday weekend and see you next week to ring in the New Year!

Cheers! Donny


Tremor Christ – 11/29/09 Christchurch, NZ
In The Moonlight – Rough Mix
In Hiding – 8/2/07 Chicago, IL
Even Flow – 8/18/09 London, UK
Why Go – 8/18/09 London, UK
Leash – 5/25/06 Boston, MA
Mountain Song – 10/4/09 Austin, TX
Army Reserve – 10/3/09 Austin, TX

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Donny!! Love it! Lisa's comments really hit home!

Amanda

Anonymous said...

wow, your finest intro ever haha

Steve B said...

In Hiding gave me chills.

Anonymous said...

Donny - great job again. I look forward to your latest every Wednesday. Keep up the great work in 2010 and hope to meet you at one of the shows some day. Todd

Michael said...

Tremor Christ is my favourite PJ song & the sound of this perfect even if Ed does flub or change the lyrics(will need to listen again). Nice request.

Anonymous said...

hey I'm having trouble finding your podcast on iTunes? I've tried the link at the top but it says it's not valid.. I'm in the uk and on an itouch.. Thanks!

All That's Sacred said...

I don't know why that link won't work for you. I submitted the feed for the site to iTunes and they rejected it so that's why you can't find it there. It's still possible to manually subscribe with the button or in iTunes itself. Open iTunes and go to "Advanced>Subscribe to Podcast". It'll prompt you for a URL which is: http://feeds.feedburner.com/allthatssacred1

That should do the trick. For whatever reason though, the feed only goes back to #8. I need to look deeper into it to see if I can get it to go back all the way to #1.

Every episode can also be downloaded manually as an mp3. Right-click on the post title and choose "Save Link As".

Hope that helps. I wish iTunes would accept the feed but I think it was rejected because I play copyrighted music. I'm sure my listenership would get a big boost if it were searchable there. The only way I know to accomplish that though would be somehow making the podcast "official" with the cooperation and backing of the band and I have no idea how I'd ever pull that off! :P

Let me know how you make out and thanks so much for listening!

Cheers! Donny