Wednesday, January 6, 2010

all that's sacred #34


Happy New Year! On episode #34, we’re kind of making it up as we go along and kicking 2010 off with some classic Pearl Jam tunes as well as getting to a few listener requests. Additionally, we touch on some of the latest news and play a few more news-related tunes. For not having a theme or outline brainstormed, I was pretty happy with how cohesive and linear the show turned out.

Thanks, as always, for tuning in. Hope you all had a great holiday and hope 2010 is good to us all. If you got a song or segment idea, please contact me via email, Facebook, Twitter, or the voicemail at 707-SACRED9 (707-722-7339).

Cheers! Donny


Do The Evolution – 3/5/98 Melbourne, Australia
(Suggestion) Garden (Outshined) – 6/10/92 Stuttgart, Germany
Outshined – Six Degrees of PJ: Soundgarden
Speed Wash – 12/31/92 New York, NY
The Seeker – 9/24/04 Seattle, WA
Gone – 10/1/05 Atlantic City, NJ
My City Of Ruins – 12/6/09 Washington, DC

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

your new song makes me cry every time I hear it.I don't know why but it seems like a very sad song.I can't wait to hear the rest of the songs.I'm getting the disk today.
the the best
kim from maine
jkambrose@fairpoint.net
maybe you can record some time at the lugwig studio in portland maine.I'm sure you have heard he is the best.

Scott Kennedy said...

Hi Donny - G'day from Queenstown, New Zealand!

just wanted to write you a quick note to say hi and a big thanks for putting the podcast together. I've been a big PJ fan for years and only recently discoverd your podcast - great work!

I work as a freelance writer and as I write I always listen to music - it helps the words flow. More often then not, PJ ends up on the stereo. Your Podcast is great for finding some great long-lost tracks and some killer versions of songs we all really love. so thanks, keep it up and I'll be listning from 7,500 miles away!

If i could make a request I'd love to hear a couple of tracks: Baba O'Riley from Melbourne 2009 - i was there and it was the real highlight of the night for me, the crown just absolutly lost it. At the end of the show, my wife, after experiencing her first ever PJ show turned to me and said, "now I get it!"

the second would be: Sonic Reducer - I love this old Dead Boys cover and am still searching for the best PJ version of it - perhaps you know which one is tops...

Cheers and keep rockin,
Scott

All That's Sacred said...

Thanks, Scott, for tuning in all the way from NZ! I got your requests noted and will try and get them on the podcast for you. And I have a definite opinion on what I think is the best PJ version of Sonic Reducer... :)

Thanks again. Cheers! Donny

Scott Kennedy said...

Hey Thanks Donny - that would be awesome!

take it easy man and keep up the great work!
cheers,
Scott

Unknown said...

I love the Speed Wash - never heard that version before. Thanks