Wednesday, January 27, 2010

all that's sacred #37


I’m still getting my head screwed on straight after my trip down south and, as a result, we are making it up as we go today and catching up on some listener requests on episode #37. Lots of great suggestions and I hope you enjoy the show despite my ramblings. There’s been a bump in traffic to the site and it seems like some new listeners have discovered the podcast so I took a few minutes to address some recent questions concerning subscribing and downloading old episodes.

I also talked a bit about something new I’m exploring: All That’s Sacred swag! I created a new ATS logo for Twitter and Facebook that really seemed to resonate with people. So I decided to slap that sucker on some gear and make it available to buy. A modest royalty on each item will be donated to the charities CaringBridge and Doctors Without Borders. Please explore the site and order if interested.

Thanks for tuning in and see you next week with something a bit more realized.

Cheers! Donny


I Am Mine – 10/21/01 Shoreline, CA
Jeremy – 7/9/95 Milwaukee, WI
I Only Play For Money – EV w/ The Frogs – 3/13/94 Chicago, IL
Dissident – 8/11/09 London, UK
Not For You (Modern Girl) – 10/1/05 Atlantic City, NJ
I’m The Ocean – Neil Jam – 8/12/95 Stockholm, Sweden
I’m Still Here – unreleased EV demo

8 comments:

Dave in Canada said...

Keep up the good work Donny. Here's a show idea that I thought I'd throw at you. I'm not sure if you've done it before (maybe there could be a reprise if you have). Anyways, there is nothing like the feeling at the beginning of each PJ show when the lights go down and you're waiting for the first note from the band. Would you be able to compile a show of your favourite show openers? I'll get you started with one of my own, Alive opened a show in Newcastle, Australia, in 2006. If I recall correctly the setlist was made by a friend of the band. I'm sure there are several other great openers, both common and uncommon, that could make a great podcast. Thanks. Later.

zeynox said...

hey I heard my name! :P
Great work... couldn't have found a better Jeremy to play!!!
:)

All That's Sacred said...

Dave: Like the idea and just might have to do that someday in the future! Agree too on the excitement of the start of a show -- nothing like it! Thanks for the suggestion to get me started. If I'm not mistaken, it was Aussie surfing legend Mark Richards who wrote that Newcastle set list.

Zeynep: Was holding out for the Jeremy with strings from Philly but the boot is slow to be released... :)

Anonymous said...

That version of Jeremy was also played at Cal Expo in Sacramento on 6-22-95(A day or two after the Red Rocks Show). So there are at least three live versions out there that I know of.

All That's Sacred said...

Another listener tweeted me that New Jeremy was also played at Randalls Island 2 '96 so that's 4 we know of now. Thanks for the info!

Todd C said...

Donny - another great show. That last part "I'm Still Here" was incredible. Do you know when that was recorded? thanks again for all your work on this - it is always fun to listen to the new podcast on Wednesdays. Todd

Unknown said...

I’m The Ocean.. I love Mirrorball. It is one of my favorite records.

Masonry Waco said...

Thanks for taking the time to share this