Wednesday, March 17, 2010

all that's sacred #44


I forgot to mention it on the podcast, but hope you all have a happy St. Patrick’s Day. And whether you are toasting your successes in life or drowning your sorrows, make sure to raise a glass for Andy Wood. March 19th marks 20 years since his passing and we are taking some time on #44 to pay respect to his influence and memory.

Say Hello 2 Heaven.

Donny


Say Hello 2 Heaven – Temple Of The Dog
Stargazer – Mother Love Bone – Apple
Would? – Alice In Chains – Dirt
Reach Down – Temple Of The Dog – 10/28/03 Santa Barbara, CA
(Chloe Dancer) Crown Of Thorns – 4/19/03 Atlanta, GA
Until The Ocean – Malfunkshun – Return To Olympus

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice hearing about Andy Wood in an podcast and I still listen to the MLB Apple CD and I also have the rare EP Shine bought in Deattle in '94. :)

JR said...

This looks great Donny, can't wait to listen. "Stargazer" has always been my fav MLB song.

Unknown said...

Donny, I'm loving this one. Lots of energy and all our favorite guys. RIP Andy...thanks for the memories. Crown of Thorns.... Thank you!

Anonymous said...

by the way, did you know that Stone Gossard is playing Friday night out at Lakeside Highschool during half-time of a bball game to raise money for Haiti schools. The game starts at 6:30. Admission is $7.00. Open to the public.

zut said...

I'd settle for the Crown of Thorns 10/31/09. Come on 10c release the Philly shows!!!

Marc R. said...

I always dissmissed these over at The Sky I Scrape..but finally got a chance to listen, and I dig this! hello to heaven (for the ears that is)! been a while since I heard some of the songs, too. cheers~

zeynox said...

Getting better and better...
Cheers!

All That's Sacred said...

Despite the anonymous heads up, I still managed to forget to check out Stone's Lakeside HS performance. If anyone was there, I'd love a report.

Thanks for (finally) checking out the podcast, Marc! ;)

Thanks to everyone for listening. It's nice to know there is still so much love for the late Andy Wood.

philip Navarre said...

I think were going to hear and see some Mother Love Bone songs preformed at the Brad show at the Showbox on April 14th.