Wednesday, March 31, 2010

all that's sacred #46


The last few episodes have been pretty focused on specific themes. And while these are fun and have been very popular, it’s high time we put the focus on the most important part of this here podcast – you the listener. After beginning with a brief tribute, we spend the bulk of #46 catching up on some awesome listener requests. I always love hearing from other fans and there are some great emails, voicemails, and song suggestions featured here – many songs making their ATS debut!

Given how many other requests I’m still sitting on and with it being the calm before the tour storm, I’m tempted to do this same thing all over again next week. I’m still blown away at the volume, content, and generosity of the correspondence. Thank you so much for listening each week and your enthusiastic participation in this podcast. I know I’m perpetually behind in responding to everyone, but please know that I read each and every email, tweet, and Facebook message and try to respond and accommodate to the best of my abilities. This little experiment of mine has exceeded any and all hopes I had for it in the beginning and I owe that all to you.

Enough gushing… Enjoy #46.

Cheers! Donny


I’m Open (soundcheck) – 11/21/96 Bacelona, Spain
The River Rise – Mark Lanegan – Whiskey For The Holy Ghost
4-20-02 – Lost Dogs
Release – 9/15/05 Montreal, QC
(Iron Man) Soon Forget – 8/27/06 Reading, England
Breakerfall – 8/21/00 Columbus, OH
Spin The Black Circle – 9/29/96 New York, NY
Rats – 11/17/93 New Orleans, LA
Johnny Guitar – 10/1/09 Los Angeles, CA
Indifference – 3/1/03 Yokohama, Japan

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Mark Lanegan is gifted with such a great voice.

Anonymous said...

Donny -
Another great pod cast well done Like I posted of Facebook the version of Release is stellar man I am listening to that track for the third time this morning and each time I feel like I'm at the show, awesome. Also I remember hearing Ed pluck out Iron Man on Luke Uke in either the 2000 or 2003 tour I remember when I first herd it I thought Ed sounded amused when he did as if it was the first time. Am I remembering this correctly do you know? Anyway Thanks for your hard work I really enjoy it each week.
~Goose~

Anonymous said...

My favorite thing about this podcast is that I don't have to download any songs, just press play.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Donny.
I´m writing this comment from Madrid. PJ is my favourite band ever, I saw in 1992 at The Revolver Club. Keep posting, this is one of the best.
Un gran saludo desde la soleada España.

Tania said...

Hey Donny, I've been a subscriber for some months now and I really enjoy your podcast. Thanks and keep it up!

Unknown said...

Donny, Thanks for getting my request on this cast. I appreciate all of your hard work. I am looking forward to # 47!!!

All That's Sacred said...

Thanks for listening and thanks for all the awesome comments! :)

Cheers! Donny