Wednesday, June 10, 2009

all that's sacred #4

It's hump day, so that must mean Episode #4 is up! Thanks to everyone for listening and contributing. Special thanks to fan-run sites The Sky I Scrape and Two Feet Thick. In addition to the official Pearl Jam site, both of these sites are great resources in putting this podcast together. But moreover, both have been great supporters of All That’s Sacred. So again, thank you!

As always, I love hearing from other fans so if you have any comments or suggestions, please leave a comment on this post, Facebook me, or shoot me an email. Hope you enjoy #4!

Thanks and keep listening!

Cheers! Donny


The Kids Are Alright – 11/16/93 New Orleans, LA
Redemption Song – 2/8/95 Missoula, MT
Corduroy – Bridge School Benefit – 10/20/96 Mountain View, CA
Felicity’s Surprise – Matt Cameron Side Project: Wellwater Conspiracy
Nothing As It Seems – This Day in PJ History (thanks Brian!) – 6/11/00 Nurnberg, Germany
Live Improv – Great Woods (thanks Rich!) – 8/30/00 Mansfield, MA
Unemployable – 7/9/06 Los Angeles, CA
Brain of J – “These go to 11!” – 3/5/98 Melbourne, Australia
Porch – “These go to 11!” – 3/5/98 Melbourne, Australia

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice!!!!!
Keep it up, maybe something from Oz tour 2006: Throw your hatred down? (from Sydney) or, I got you? also from Sydney. Thought I should have my two cents , great work though

Anonymous said...

great stuff Donny, keep it up man! :)

demetrios

Sandy B Ande said...

Just as good as #3. You're good at this :)

Informative and fun all rolled up into one...

Anonymous said...

Great podcast, was much fun to listen to :)

what was that better man strings thrown in the middle - where's it from?

All That's Sacred said...

Thanks for the comments everyone! And thanks for the anonymous '06 Oz tour song suggestion, I'll definitely get it on a future podcast. It'll probably be on #7 as #5 & 6 are pretty much in the bag -- I've been working ahead to accommodate my travel schedule. So listen for it!

I downloaded the Better Man strings from this album on iTunes: http://www.amazon.com/String-Quartet-Tribute-Pearl-Jam/dp/B000TPXMHE/ref=pd_sim_dmusic_2
Couldn't rate the entire album as I only downloaded the one song, but Better Man is a pretty interpretation and a nice tribute.

Thanks for listening!

Anonymous said...

btw Donny, all the best with finding a good fun job :)

All That's Sacred said...

Thanks for the well wishes on the job hunt. Never thought I'd be laid out of work so long but I'm determined to stay optimistic and active. :)

Anonymous said...

these podcasts are great Donny - thanks for all the effort put into this. some great music and some great trivia for the PJ fan. Todd

Anonymous said...

Hey Donny,

First off, great podcast! It's a treat to listen to every wednesday and it's always great to hear tracks I've never heard before. I'm sure you've received this suggestion before but I think it'd be awesome if you did a segment or, perhaps a whole podcast on PJ B-sides (especially those B-sides that are a little harder to find or weren't released on Lost Dogs). A suggestion for the first one would be my personal favorite PJ B-side, "Happy When I'm Crying" from one of the ten club christmas singles. Keep up the good work!

-Steve