Wednesday, July 22, 2009

all that's sacred #10


To celebrate podcast #10 I implored you to send me song ideas to recreate the album TEN track listing using live tracks culled from the last 19 years -- and boy did you deliver! I’ve been immersed in TEN songs for the last two weeks and listening to a ton of material! Unfortunately, I can’t play all of the awesome suggestions. I did give some preference to songs that had multiple requests. Plus, I accounted for sound quality and flow. I also wanted to make sure that the song selection represented the band’s entire career to date and wasn’t weighted in one time period or tour. And here is the end result. I’m sure some of you might be rolling your eyes at some of these song selections but ultimately I think it turned out pretty well. I hope you enjoy it as well.

Like always, I appreciate you listening to the podcast and love hearing from other fans of the band. If you want to drop me a line, please do so via email, Facebook, Twitter, or leave a comment on this post.

Cheers! Donny


Once – 11/30/93 Las Vegas, NV
Even Flow – 4/30/03 Uniondale, NY
Alive – 6/8/92 Landgraaf, Netherlands
Why Go – 8/5/07 Chicago, IL
Black – 10/22/03 Seattle, WA
Jeremy – 2/22/92 Newcastle, England
Oceans – 12/2/06 Honolulu, HI
Porch – 10/8/00 East Troy, WI
Garden – 6/25/08 New York, NY
Deep – 7/11/95 Chicago, IL
Release – 4/3/94 Atlanta, GA

11 comments:

Mario said...

That has to be the BEST podcast so far. KUDOS, Donny for putting that together. Great live song selection and to hear TEN live from beginning to end was AWESOME!!!! Raising the bar, Bro, raising the bar!!!!

Ellen Feus said...

Wooo! Listening now and loving it! Thanks for doing this!

Anonymous said...

Great as always. I was happy to see a song from one of the shows I attended. :)I wish pearl jam would do like Pink Floyd did back in 94, play the whole album from beginning to end live--that would rock.

Anonymous said...

one of the best so far..... awesome job...

Anonymous said...

Great work with the podcasts. We hope you keep them coming.

We love your scripted intros and dead-pan voice. It sounds exactly like "K-Billys super sound of the 70's" from Resevoir Dogs.

For your next themed show how about "best crowd sing-a-longs"? I'd suggest you include "Black" from the first Adelaide (Australia) show 11/21/2006.

There is also an AWESOME version of Daughter where Ed and crowd do some great back-and-forth singing during the tag at the end of the song. I'm pretty sure it is Italy around 2000 but not sure which city...

KC & Woody

All That's Sacred said...

Thanks everyone for tuning in! Maybe I'll have to do this for the other albums...maybe to hype each re-issue... It's been very well-received...

KC & Woody: The Steven Wright comparison is a first but I'll take it! :) I'll take note of your sing-along idea and try to run with it on a future cast so listen for it.

Getting ready to head out the door for some Flight To Mars! :)

Cheers! Donny

Jacob said...

Awesome! I've been looking for a good runthrough of "Once" for a while.

On a note of request, I'm wondering if you could play " Animal" from the third Live at the gorge show. I forget if you've played this song before, but if you haven't, it's an awesome runthrough. I also really love the song "In my Tree", but I don't have any runthroughs of good quality. Any thoughts?

Anyways, keep up the awesome work, I plan to keep tuning in!

All That's Sacred said...

Jacob: Thanks for listening and for the suggestions! I'll check those out and try to play one or both on a future podcast. :)

Cheers! Donny

jaimelyn said...

Hi there- saw a post about the blog on the ten club and decided to check it out. I've already listened to this podcast twice today at work- Excellent job!! Thank you!

I second a previous poster, best crowd sing a longs would be an excellent podcast. :)

Frank Meeuwsen said...

Thank you. Goosebumps with Black (again). This is just an awesome podcast and a great runner-up to the upcoming concerts!

Cheers from the Netherlands!

zeynox said...

I've been on vacation... just listened to #10.
Loved, loved & loved it!