Wednesday, July 8, 2009

all that's sacred #8

Episode #8 is all about “You” and hopefully will provide some entertaining listening as you refresh the 10C site endlessly in the next day or two!

As always, thanks for all the great comments and suggestions – keep ‘em coming! I particularly welcome ideas for podcast #10 where I plan on playing TEN in its entirety, in order, and comprised of live tracks culled from the last 19 years. So I need ideas. What are the best live versions of the songs on TEN in your opinion? I also was wondering what the interest was in hearing covers of Pearl Jam songs on the podcast from either other known artists or fans of the band who are musicians themselves. I’ve had this idea suggested and I am sitting on the fence right now so convince me for or against it. Contact me via email or Facebook or leave a comment on this post. Thanks again!

Cheers! Donny


You – 6/22/08 Washington, DC
You Are – 9/30/06 Athens, Greece
Who You Are – 11/3/96 Berlin, Germany
I Got You – 3/22/95 Brisbane, Australia
Not For You – “These go to 11!” – 3/29/94 St. Petersburg, FL
Save You – This Day in PJ History – 7/8/03 New York, NY
Improv (Love You Hate You) – 6/18/92 Zurich, Switzerland
Improv (I Could Prove to You) – 10/28/93 San Francisco, CA
Improv (Don’t Think You Trust Me?) – 11/12/93 Dallas, TX
So You Want To Be A Rock And Roll Star – 7/3/06 Denver, CO
Girl On LSD – Six Degrees of PJ: Tom Petty – b-side to the “You Don’t Know How It Feels” single

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey donny...you are on the right track getting away from the script sir. it will get more comfortable the more you do it

a co-host may also help because it naturally becomes more conversational

request: footsteps

keep it up man!
from: moonsteps
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Bart Mihailovich said...

Of the hundreds of versions of Even Flow I've heard, the one from the Gorge on July 22 is the best - that would make a wonderful addition to podcast #10

Anonymous said...

Holmdel 7/14/03 Porch is the greatest version of Porch I have EVER heard!! just thought u should know :P
Also, check out a blog traffic counter! http://www.blogpatrol.com/
Keep it up! great work!!!
--FrankieG

Anonymous said...

thanks so much for these podcasts... totally make my week when i see another 1 posted! and the whole unscripted deal is totally a step in the write direction! it will get easier once u keep trying.

All That's Sacred said...

Thanks y'all for the encouragement in doing these more unscripted. It was a little unnerving without my safety net this week but I think it'll be better in the long run.

Bart & Frankie: Thanks for the suggestions for #10. I can't wait to hear how it turns out! Both of those selections are strong contenders.

Frankie: I'm currently using sitemeter.com to monitor my traffic. Any advantage to switching to blogpatrol.com?

Thanks everyone for listening!

Cheers! Donny

Sandy B Ande said...

Sometimes I veer away from PJ to listen to new things... but your podcast has gotten me excited for hearing PJ again. Especially LIVE :) Hope they play in Seattle soon!

LOVED that closing song. Replayed it about 5 times. So pretty. And, keep it casual; keep it up with the Dogfish. hehehe.

Anonymous said...

Hey man, I have been listening to the podcast each week and loving it! You're doing a fantastic job and I look foward to Wednesdays. It's just fun to hear someone who genuinely loves Pearl Jam and plays awsome stuff from them. Cheers!

As for my suggestion, I know it's not a hard to find bootleg or anything, but the Benaroya Hall Live version of Immortality must be played. I mean, that's the version I listen to, it absolutely rocks the fucking house. I think it would go beautifully in any of the podcasts.

-JR

zeynox said...

hi, thanx again...
I wanted to comment on the PJ covers subject. I think it would be interesting to hear real good or original covers of PJ by other artists. But please don't play fan covers unless they are phenominal and deserve to be artists themselves... it would be boring and the podcast could become uninteresting to many people.
hope to hear from you soon! :)

All That's Sacred said...

Sandy: Maybe we can go to the upcoming Seattle shows together. :p

JR: Thanks for listening and thanks for the suggestion. I might sit on that suggestion for a little while since I played Immortality a few podcasts ago -- don't like to repeat too often if possible. You're right though; it's a good one. I'll get to it eventually. ;)

Zeynep: I don't think I'm going to pursue the covers idea; all the feedback has been lukewarm. Thanks for the input. :)

Thanks to everyone for tuning in!

Cheers! Donny

Anonymous said...

"Frankie: I'm currently using sitemeter.com to monitor my traffic. Any advantage to switching to blogpatrol.com?"

Not that I know of, but I just thought it would be cool to have a meter on the side of the blog just to see how many views you get. :D 8-)

-FrankieG

All That's Sacred said...

FrankieG: Bottom, right column -- updated the sitemeter.com logo/link. ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi,
my suggestion for "Ten podcast" for Release is Seattle 6/11 2000. Well know show and one of the best I've heard (from bootleg). This version of Release gives me chills every time I hear it... this is why I just love this band..
And awesome podcast btw. :)
Can't wait for wednesday:)

Greeting from Czech Republic!
Vlastimil

Mike McCarty said...

any even flow from the 95 tour, i think.

Unknown said...

Girl on LSD..I love that B Side too!