Wednesday, July 1, 2009

all that's sacred #7

It wouldn’t be nearly as fun to do this podcast each week, were it not for all of you tuning in and contacting me with all your great feedback and input. So episode #7 is comprised almost entirely of awesome listener requests! Additionally, I had a number of fans asking about my experience at the Eddie Vedder Atlanta shows last week so I included some commentary on that as well. I also received some sweet fan-created artwork for the podcast for use in iTunes or other media players from listener Jack! Thanks for listening and thanks to everyone for their contributions to the podcast! Keep it coming – contact me via email or Facebook or leave a comment on this post.

Cheers! Donny

Note: As I was uploading, I realized that I had a mental lapse and misspoke saying “June” 1st for the This Day in Pearl Jam History segment. It’s obviously supposed to be “July” but I ain’t changing it now. Duh!


Can’t Keep – This Day in PJ History – 7/1/2003 Bristow, VA
Hawaii 78 – (thanks Got Some If You Need It!) – 12/2/06 Honolulu, HI
Throw Your Hatred Down – (thanks Anonymous!) – 11/7/06 Sydney, Australia
Live “Portugal” Improv – (thanks Andy!) – 9/5/06 Lisbon, Portugal
Last Exit – (thanks Joerg!) – 9/5/00 Pittsburgh, PA
Satan’s Bed – “These go to 11!” (thanks Brian!) – 4/3/94 Atlanta, GA
Hail Hail – (thanks Mac!) – 10/2/96 Hartford, CT
Happy When I’m Crying – (thanks Steve!) – 1997 Holiday 45
Yellow Ledbetter (Little Wing) – (thanks Dave!) – 9/13/06 Bern, Switzerland

12 comments:

Adam said...

Awesome! I look forward to Wednesdays because I know I get a new Pearl Jam fix!

Brian said...

holding down India with the PJ podcasts. Thanks for making Wednesdays feel like home

Sandy B Ande said...

Loved it. Love your shout-outs to fans. And your commentary on the Eddie shows was great - especially Arc. I could put myself in that moment....

Given To Cast said...

Donny,

I just started listening to you podcasts and i have to say they are way better than mine. I've been doing my podcasts off and on (mostly off) for about 2 years now. I am trying to become more consistant now that I have caught up with life and its speed bumps.

Anyway, I would love to interview you for a segement I have on my podcast. I think this could benefit both of our shows, probably mostly mine. Please shoot me an email to mario@giventocast.com and let me know if you're interested. If you are send your email and I'll get back with you and maybe we can do interview via Skype or something.

Again, cudos on the show and keep up the awesome work.

All That's Sacred said...

Adam: Just a little something to get over hump day and through the rest of the week! ;)

Brian: Very awesome to know my little podcast can have an effect like that. :)

Sandra: You're just saying all that nice stuff cause you're married to me... :D

Mario: Thanks for the kind words! An interview with a fellow PJ podcaster sounds fun! Check your email/PM's.

zeynox said...

can't wait for the next one... every week!
:)

Anonymous said...

WHY DO I KEEP FUCKING UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have missed the second half of your podcast twice cause of my stupidity, so I have arrived at this suggestion you know what to do!

Pretty sure it was played a few times in Australia "03"
Love listening to this by the way

Anonymous said...

My suggestion of "Why do I keep fucking up" was played in Melbourne 19/02/03, also thanks for playing my suggestion on "Throw your hatred down"

For no particular reason (other than its a great song) I have suggested another Neil song, by the way, I am very jealous of you being able to see Eddie solo, though it seems PJ may be in my neck of the woods soon enough, with Ben Harper no less!!!!!!!

Love your work

Anonymous Became Liam said...

I finally got through the second half!

These keep getting better!!

"Led Better/Little Wing" was an awesome choice, fuck, if there are any more covers of Hendrix PJ have done bring it on.

Can't wait for next Wednesday

nothinman23 said...

Yo just listened to the this and it was the first one ive herd. I never listened despite seeing the posts over the past few months on the board. Needless to say it is fuckin awesome and rocks the entire way thru. Ill b listenin to the rest of them before the next one comes out. And tuning in in the future. Great job Donny and keep em comin cause we all wanna here em. And as far as fuckin up is concerned, my favorite version is from the Gorge in 06, just to add my two cents. goodluck on the next one, cant wait
Steve

Anonymous said...

Hawaii 78...THE best cover of em all.

Frank Meeuwsen said...

I just listened to this show for the first time. The Ledbetter/Little Wing really surprised me and it blew me away. Everybody (well...PJ fans) knows Mike really loves that song and plays it every now and then. But to really make it a cover...incredible. Just incredible.